[Solved] Question about exporting skin Weights/Indices with Blender glTF-exporter

Update: here is the codepen: https://codepen.io/michael-tipton/pen/PyJXZO?editors=0011 (Sometimes the files dont load correctly. If that is the case, just hit run again and it should eventually load)

I tried implementing solution 1, but I am running into a roadblock. After switching armatures and parenting the object to the correct bone on the new armature, the object does not translate and rotate based on the bone it has been been parented to. Instead it just translates back to the origin in its default rotation. (where local position and rotation are both (0, 0, 0) and (0, 0, 0, 1) respectively. I have attempted calling updateMatrixWorld on the parent bone but this has no effect.

If I dont swap the armature, but just parent the object to the bone on the new armature, it does go to the correct location and rotation.

Do you have any ideas as to why the child mesh is not adopting the position of the bone it is parented to after swapping the armature?

race8.glb (2.9 MB)
glove1.glb (1.7 MB)