I need the Pyramid to have several independent levels with:-
- Each face to be able to support different number of layers (I think this is the difficult bit).
- Select each faces levels independently.
- Have a text displayed each level to identify the layer.
- Can show a wireframe or at least be able to highlight edges of that faces level to visualy separate it from the rest of the pyramid.
- Pyramid level to be able to ‘pop’ out in order to show animations between each level (have optional padding between layers)
I’ve got the basic Pyramid via THREE.ConeGeometry…
To dynamically show different aspects I was looking at using ‘createMultiMaterialObject’ which I understand is to enable different materials to be used on the same face/surface. Is this the best class to use to do this?
(Its used in https://github.com/stemkoski/stemkoski.github.com/blob/f5c7120af8488d04255b3e4492f4fb214d80b6ff/Three.js/Shapes.html I found this sample is outdated and now duplicate classes createMultiMaterialObject exist )
Is this what I need to use or is there a better option? I believe I should be using Groups to enable the faces to use different materials for different faces/surfaces, but does that help me with dynamically changing surfaces also?