Reasons why scale wouldn't work?

I feel like this is going to be just something dumb I’m doing and I hate even ask, but I’ve spent too much time on this and there’s no shame in asking the experts for help, right? :slight_smile:

I hope it’s ok to just link to my question on StackOverflow. I can copy/paste/format it here if that’s better, just let me know.

The basics, though:
I’m using jcastro76’s fork of peterqliu’s threebox but barring a bug in one of those, it still seems like a core THREE thing. I’ve tried every method of scaling a 3D model (after loading) that I’ve seen mentioned or found by doing a console.dir() dump of the object to see what was available and none of them change the size of the 3D model.
[three.js - Mapbox/threebox Changing Scale On Existing 3D Object Not Working - Stack Overflow](https://)

I see notes about scaling being a multiplication of the size of the object so 1.0 would be “same as the existing size”. So I tried 10 and 100 for all three values of with defaultModel.scale.set(x, y, z) and still nothing.

I know it’s something stupid… please enlighten me on my stupidity. Thanks in advance!

-Trevor

its hard to know without providing some code.
maybe you are scaling the wrong object
see this example for a different perspective
Object3D Hierarchy - Three.js Tutorials (sbcode.net)
use the scale sliders, they are only affecting the X dimension

edit.: I just noticed that your stack overflow question has a lot more info to go by

Thanks for the response, and yeah… I included a lot on StackOverflow. I only have the one object and I’m getting the current scale, changing the values on that object, then getting the scale immediately after again with no changes to the values. I would assume they should change, even if things are relative. I’ll take a look at that example and see if I can use their code for the scale slider in my code and see if it does anything. If you think of anything else, I’m happy to listen. Thanks!