React Spring breaking state changes?

My CodeSandbox

I have an issue that I’ve narrowed down to the useSpring hook from React Spring.
It seems to only allow one single state change so the animation cannot be toggled and I have no idea why. Opening and closing the devTools seems to allow it to change state one more time. Any ideas what’s wrong here?
Removing react-spring and using a simple state change does work, but it does not animate the transition (as expected).

This is very odd, in my Firefox 83.0 and Chromium 87.0.4280.66 on Arch Linux, the transition animates to the new scale completely correctly, but once scaled, the onPointerOut function is not called when I mouse out, and the onClick function is not called again (confirmed with adding a console.log to the handleClicked function) after clicking again. I couldn’t get it to work.

That’s what’s been happening to me too!
This is the example code from the react-three-fiber docs and the only difference I made was to add a useSpring hook. This exact issue was happening in another project and I think I’ve narrowed it down to this hook. I couldn’t find much in the way of others reporting this issue either.

i broke something in a recent patch. should be fixed now.

Thanks for letting me know! Just glad that I wasn’t failing at the first hurdle of learning 3D :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: