Npm and yarn don't install examples folder

Hi all,
I use three js in nextjs with react-three-fiber and everythings works fine. But now I want to use the FontLoader and TextGeometry from examples/jsm. This throws an unknown module error. When I look into the node_modules/three folder there is no examples directory. I tried multiple versions of three >= 0.133 up to the latest 0.145. Both yarn and npm just dont install examples, even when I delete the entire node_modules folder.

Maybe someone else has/had the same issue and resolved it somehow.

Thanks
Jonas

examples is always part of what three ships, see UNPKG - three if that’s missing something is wrong.

btw, no need to mess with it directly GitHub - pmndrs/drei: 🥉 useful helpers for react-three-fiber

btw, you can’t use three/examples in next (or any node based ssr solution for that matter) anyway (unless you force it to compile, there is some plugin for node ESM modules that you need). this is because jsm is not compiled, the browser doesn’t know how to handle these modules. that’s why we use GitHub - pmndrs/three-stdlib: 📚 Stand-alone library of threejs examples designed to run without transpilation in node & browser it’s slightly outdated but you can import from there.