Import OBJ model and instantiate multiple times later?

Beginner question here. And maybe it is so obvious that you guys will roll with your eyes, but I was asking myself:

objloader.load( './assets/models/cubeBevel.obj', function ( object ) {
    // do someting with imported model
});

What is the best way to use the imported model on a later occasion. I am new to JavaScript - I used to write Java and C#.
So in C#, I would do:

ModelClassname cubeBevel = Loader.load(...);
//and then some lines below:
GameObject g = new GameObject();
g.SetModel(cubeBevel);

To me, it seems like I have to do…

objLoader.load('...', function(x){ ... }) 

…every time I want to instantiate a new object with the model from cubeBevel.obj. But this looks like the objLoader will always reload the model n times. Almost every example online only deals with loading a model and instantiating an object with that model ONCE but that’s not what I want to do. I might have thousands of cubeBevel.obj instances in my scene.

So, will objLoader load and parse the OBJ file over and over if I call the load method more than once? Or is it keeping track of imported models?

How would I do better in my case?
Cheers and thanks for your help!

You should call OBJLoader.load() only once otherwise you will load and parse the object over and over again. The browser’s cache might avoid any additional loading overhead but parsing would be still necessary.

Yes, that’s recommended. When the object was loaded, use Object3D.clone() in order to create multiple copies of your asset.

Thanks a lot! I will give it a try.