How to Update the vertices after the cube is rotated

I want to update its 8 vertices after the cube I added is rotated ,I try to use verticesNeedUpdate,but no effect

Vertices have local values, by rotating mesh you don’t change them, so there is no need for the update.

if I want to get the verticles after the cube is rotated, what should I do? thanks

this.selectedCube.geometry.vertices, that will give you an array of vertices,
but if You want the rotated values, you can use:

this.selectedCube.geometry.vertices.map(function(vert){
      return vert.clone().applyAxisAngle(new THREE.Vector3(0, 1, 0), rotateBasicDegree )
  })
2 Likes

Looks feasible. Thank you very much.

I am facing issue in position shift of the cube after updating matrix to get cube vertices.

I want to update vertices after rotation / position applied on cube dynamically.

This is the code I am using to update matrix:

mesh.updateMatrixWorld();
mesh.updateMatrix();
mesh.geometry.applyMatrix( mesh.matrix );
mesh.matrix.identity();

Same code i am using to update matrix for plane mesh too. In this case after updates plane position and rotation shifts are there.

I tried all below attributes to update dynamically but it did not work:

plane.verticesNeedUpdate = true;
plane.elementsNeedUpdate = true;
plane.morphTargetsNeedUpdate = true;
plane.uvsNeedUpdate = true;
plane.normalsNeedUpdate = true;
plane.colorsNeedUpdate = true;
plane.tangentsNeedUpdate = true;

If it is standard or hard coded cube / plane mesh then i am able to get the vertices but if i am changing the position / rotation and then calling update matrix to get updated vertices each time then it is creating issue in the position shift for the mesh.

@MateuszWis
Hi! Just out of curiousity, wouldn’t it be simplier to use
this.selectedCube.geometry.rotateY( rotateBasicDegree );
instead?

1 Like

I have used this method ,But the graphics I drew completely deviated from the original position.

Can you suggest how to write this after creating plane geometry / cube geometry how to use this code? Actually I am not aware of this. So I tried with the above code what i had mentioned in the previous reply.

How to get updated vertices of the mesh?

Yes, Same issue i also faced. Let me know if you have any solution for this issue. So that i can also try out.

Something like that?

1 Like

Thankyou!
Gone through the code. Why the box geometry used there, Are you trying to get plane vertices using box geometry ? If so, please help me how to do that.

Is the above code is helpful to get plane vertices? I did not see related to plane vertices. If I am wrong please correct me, I am not fully aware of threejs.

If it is hardcoded plane , then i am able to get plane vertices . But to get dynamically it is not working.

@kanampalli_himaja
Any chance to see what you try to achieve with a live code example and more clear explanation?