I am building a webAR experience (ARjs with a-frame) and I need users to record short videos of their gameplay.
Here’s the desired user flow:
- User loads the website on his mobile (Android Chrome, iOS Safari)
- User plays around in the 3D environment
- User clicks on a “RECORD” button
- For the next 5-10 seconds whatever is rendered by three.js is saved as a video file
- The user previews his record and decides whether to save it or start over
My first approach was to try recording from outside of three.js using getUserMedia Record Stream. It does work on Android but I am having troubles with iOS.
So I am thinking - can one get the rendered frames from three.js and build a video file?
I need advice, guys