glTF animation bug or wrong usage?

Hi, I have problem with glTF animations, as multiple animations which start at same timestamp won’t be animated together and also the transformation is wrong for the one that manages to animate. The animation works correctly in babylonjs viewer or cesium viewer, but not in ThreeJS glTF viewer. I don’t know if this is a bug in ThreeJS or just wrong usage? glTF validator doesn’t reveal any issues at least. I have attached a glTF file that reproduces the issue, each disk should be animated, but only one is. Thanks

data.bin (21.9 KB)
model.gltf (12.0 KB)

When loading the asset with Sketchfab, all three disks are animated. With glTF-Viewer, there is only a single animated disk. The other two are static. Um, this might be a problem of THREE.GLTFLoader. The parsed animation clip only affects a single disk since the name property of all nodes/meshes is identical. If I assign unique names like in this updated asset, everything works fine:

data.bin (21.9 KB)
model.gltf (12.0 KB)

Let’s see how @donmccurdy evaluates the issue. We might need a bugfix for this…

Thanks that definitely seems to be the issue! I can work around it now

Yeah, it looks like that is the issue… We can’t fix the need for unique names within the animation system, I don’t think, but we can rename nodes in the loader to enforce uniqueness.