Change Decal Position

Hey ,
I’ve been playing around with this Decal Splatter ( three.js examples ) lately and I was wondering, is there an option to move these decals across the face with the keyboard or at least with the mouse?

For example, when I put the decal on cheek and press the LEFT ARROW key, I want it to change position a little to the left. Or when I click on decal and drag the mouse somewhere else, it will go to where I have the cursor. I hope you understand my idea.

i want to use this feature in my project, where the user will be able to select a sticker and place it on the car and change its position, and he doesn’t need to remove and add it again if later he wants it to be somewhere else.

I would be very grateful for any help.

putdecal

movedecal

Hi, maybe you can just remove the old decal and a new decal with the new position.

1 Like

What @Dexylon said. That is the only way. Decals in that example are implemented by creating geometry that matches the shape of that head. You could move that - but it would not produce expected results. The only way to do it is to delete existing decal and create a new one at a new position.

2 Likes