Sorting points like that at every animation step is not sustainable/scalable. Hm. I still don’t understand why it is necessary. I am encountering the same problem with my spheres, when I try to set opacity on them instead of discarding fragments (eventually to achieve antialiasing). It is as if points forcibly write the clear color on top of other points.
EliasHasle
25
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Create circle with fuzzy edge made of individual random particles | 15 | 9538 | January 4, 2024 | |
| Points transparent textures depth artifacts (soft particles) | 28 | 9760 | April 23, 2023 | |
| How to get sharp edge with particles | 9 | 576 | June 20, 2024 | |
| ShaderMaterial.depthWrite with THREE.Points and transparency | 3 | 4295 | June 14, 2023 | |
| Turn animated mesh into smoke | 20 | 5168 | December 16, 2019 |