[r139 BUG?] `raycaster.intersectObject` fails because groupMaterial index is -1 in imported FBX model

I don’t have the models anymore because of a hard drive failure which is a pity. I gathered them over a year or so - whenever someone reported a broken model I took it and once I had fixed the loader I added it to the test list.
Not sure the three.js repo would be the right place for them but I had considered creating a test repo. Mostly I didn’t because I had no idea of the licensing or attribution for most of them and didn’t want to spend ages tracking those down.

You could find a lot of them by going through old FBXLoader issues on Github and check for any linked models.

1 Like

I had a ton of different FBX files starting from v5 somewhere. Using them as e2e tests would be pointless, however, because 3js loader quite probably does not support most of them (I used them to test flash-based loader, good times =).

Dang, indeed. Do you hav e the drive by chance? Maybe worth sending it to a data recovery lab to recover any files.

Any tests for a lib inside the repo seems worthy.

PR to fix the original runtime error of this thread: