what is the correct name of the term and are there any examples of work on the Internet?

Hello everyone, tell me please, how is the term called in three js or in general in 3d, when objects are colored using the heatmap method depending on the distance between two 3d objects? And are there any examples in three js

Could you share a screenshot of the effect you have on mind? (Kinda the first time I hear about it - but the scientific name of it would likely include word “density” :eyes:)

Or do you mean global illumination (it doesn’t use heatmap though, just bouncing light between objects) ?