Texture not rendering

This project has been a long slog but I’m so close…

I managed to get my full chair rendering and moving as I want, but now it seems the texture isn’t loading, and when I select it to drag it I get the errors
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'material' of undefined at app.js:379
and then later,
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'mesh' of null at app.js:379.

I’ve tried using separate texture loaders etc, and editing. On that line, the variable is INTERSECTED and when I console log it, it’s an object which looks like this:
{uuid: "B91B9B57-35D5-42DF-998E-5FDA69D438B3", name: "", type: "Mesh", parent: Group, children: Array(0), …}

I’ve also tried changing the variable names but to no avail. Any help greatly appreciated!

Here’s my git repo:

I’ve downloaded your repo in order to test your application on my computer. Unfortunately, I get the following error when opening your index.html in the browser:

ReferenceError: Argon is not defined

Please ensure to share a self-contained repository which contains all dependencies. In this way, it’s far easier for community members to debug your application.

1 Like

https://hannahjn.github.io/argon-chair/
Gives the same error for me.

@Mugen87 @prisoner849

Sorry, incomplete repo linked facepalm.

This one should be good. There are also running instructions in the main ‘Samples’ file.

https://github.com/hannahjn/samples/tree/master/code/draggablecubes

The following line in your code is wrong since you can’t add materials to the scene:

Besides, the way you are traversing through importedObject.scene is not correct. First you only add objects to your group array that have a material. That means you miss objects of type Object3D or Group which contain important transformations for the 3D asset (like a scaling or translation). Besides, you also destroy the hierarchy of your glTF asset because all objects in your group array are added as a child to your chair object. In this way, your asset will definitely look different like in the content creation tool where it was originally created.

So I suggest you only perform changes to the material but don’t manipulate the structure of importedObject.scene. Maybe like this

function ( importedObject ) {

importedObject.scene.traverse( function ( object ) {

if ( object.material ) {

if ( Array.isArray( object.material ) ) {

for ( var i = 0, il = object.material.length; i < il; i ++ ) {

var material = new THREE.MeshBasicMaterial();
                      THREE.Material.prototype.copy.call( material, object.material[ i ] );
                      material.color.copy( object.material[ i ].color );
                      material.map = object.material[ i ].map;
                      material.skinning = object.material[ i ].skinning;
                      material.morphTargets = object.material[ i ].morphTargets;
                      material.morphNormals = object.material[ i ].morphNormals;
                      object.material[ i ] = material;

}

} else {
                  var material = new THREE.MeshBasicMaterial({});
                  THREE.Material.prototype.copy.call( material, object.material );
                  material.color.copy( object.material.color );
                  material.map = object.material.map;
                  material.skinning = object.material.skinning;
                  material.morphTargets = object.material.morphTargets;
                  material.morphNormals = object.material.morphNormals;
                  object.material = material;
              }

}

} );

chair = importedObject.scene

chair.position.x = 0;
      chair.position.y = 0;
      chair.position.z = -100;
      chair.rotation.x = 100;
      chair.rotation.y = 0;
      chair.rotation.z = -45;
      chair.scale.x = .5;
      chair.scale.y = .5;
      chair.scale.z = .5;
      chair.castShadow = true;
      chair.receiveShadow = true;

boxScene.add(chair);
      objects.push(chair);

},

With this code, I see no errors in the console.

1 Like