Hi three.js community!
It is a 3D simulation of a binary automaton or its power graph. Orbs that are emphasized are the ones that lie along the synchronizing path if such exists.
Some of the more interesting individual features:
- ray-tracing imitation
- ray-casting: click/tap on an orb to shift the graph so that the clicked node is in focus
- imported and rendered computer modern font
- camera working for both desktop and mobile (gyroscope)
- enable sensor input and shake your smartphone to shake the graph (accelerator input)
More options are available after expanding the (intentionally) transparent menu found in the bottom right corner:
- automated graph traversal along the synchronizing path
- ability to squash the 3d graph into a horizontal plane
- generating graphs from user input/randomizing
- render quality settings
- time of day settings
Hope to hear your feedback soon!