Ludik webgl website

Hi guys!
I would like to share with you the first version of an experimental website I’ve started in the end of January for my musical project LUDIK, just after releasing my first album.
My goal was to create the atmosphere of a space voyage since the music is very scifi oriented.
Still not very satisfied with the lighting, but my attempt to make a lightmap in Blender was an epic fail and I decided to postpone it for an update in a next version :grin:

I also would like to thanks all the people of this forum for the great help on grasping concepts about webgl and three.js, it was super helpful!

Let me know what do you think!

https://ludik.herokuapp.com

12 Likes

I very love your light :slight_smile: post processing can you tell me

1 Like

Hi, thanks for feedback!
For postprocessing I have used this library https://github.com/vanruesc/postprocessing

2 Likes

Great lighting.

1 Like

I like it!

1 Like

Very cool!

One thing that stands out for me is the lack of antialiasing. You might want to add a FXAA or SMAA pass to postprocessing, or use WebGL2 when available with a MultisampleRenderTarget.

I’m listening to your music while I work now BTW, love it.

2 Likes

Ehi, thanks very much for the feedback!
I am really glad you like it, especially the music :grin:

I have just pushed an update with a SMAA pass in the pipeline. Since the app is a bit heavy I left it disabled by default and letting user decide to enable it.
You can enable it from the command panel or by the shortcuts:

P -> show/hide fps
L -> enable/disable antialias
F -> enable/disable full screen (not working on safari)

Let me know if it works for you!

1 Like

cool. :+1:

Feedback: I have issues looking around with a wacom tablet. Turning breaks at every (90deg?) in any direction resulting in spinning and finally looking down.

1 Like

Hi, thanks!
Touch controls are based on the DeviceOrientationControls, does the official demo work for you?

Hi! The demo above does not work at all :point_right: as it is a “DeviceOrientation”-demo I guess :wink: I’m testing on Desktop Win 10, Wacom Intuos 3, Chrome 74.0.3729.157 (no errors inside console)

Ah sry, I thought it was a touch only device. Mouse controls uses pointer lock, as in this demo. Does it work?

Hi, the pointer-lock demo “kind of” works (tablet) as long as the “invisible” mouse is inside the window, otherwise the spinning starts or stops at some weird rotation. When using the mouse everything is ok, so it seems to be a a pen tablet problem only , might have something to do with the pointer-projection via tablet-driver, event-handling etc. I will have to take a closer look at this issue / debug the demo.

Ok! Let me know how it goes :+1:

Just tested it out works great for me! Fantastic work. I will follow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks mate!